Many of you guys may have noticed that buns are crazy huge this year. Dancers, gymnasts, students, moms – everyone loves bun! And we’ve been coming up with lots of buns lately including pinwheel bun. But today, we want to make pinwheel bun with a twist. Well, it’s not literally a twist because the original pinwheel bun have a lots of twist already. So instead of twisting, we will be braiding! Something new, eh? Yes! Let’s do this awesome bun.
1. Make a ponytail. It’s up to you whether it’s low or high but I suggest the high one.
2. Insert a donut bun maker over the hair tie. If you don’t have one, here’s how to make a sock donut.
3. Let your hair flip to cover the donut bun maker while bending over.
4. Pick up a piece of hair.
5. Divide it into three and do a three-strand braid.
6. Create the first twist of the pinwheel by wrapping the braid under the bun and over its hole.
7. Connect the end of the first braid to the next strands that you’ll get, do a new three-strand braid and wrap it around the donut bun maker.
8. Continue connecting, braiding and wrapping until the whole donut bun maker was covered.
9. Secure its ends with bobby pins.
10. For long lasting and stiff braided pinwheel bun, apply some hair spray onto it especially to those who carries baby hairs like me.
11. Once you’re done, you can now enjoy your braided pinwheel bun.
I would like to thank Megan Acapulco and Gerricking Escarez for helping me with the bun.