Every time I pass by the stalls of the Famous Belgian Waffle in mall or in school, the smell of their baking waffle that goes with the air tempts me to buy and devour their food. It’s hard for me to resist this temptation but I have to avoid it because I’m saving my money! But its good aroma just haunts me even I reach home. I want a waffle! I want the hazelnut-flavored one because that’s what I usually buy, together with their s’mores waffle, when I wasn’t able to resist Famous Belgian Waffle. However, this time, it’s a good thing that I have complete ingredients in making hazelnut waffle and my mom just bought a waffle iron. It’s time to go baking!
1. Gather all the ingredients needed. This includes flour, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, hazelnut spread, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and syrup.
2. Sift the dry ingredients, a cup of flour, half cup of sugar, a teaspoon of baking powder and half a teaspoon of salt, into a bowl. Set this aside.
3. Beat two eggs into another bowl.
4. Pour half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and half cup of milk into the beaten eggs and mix them all together.
5. Combine the wet mixture and dry mixture and mix well.
6. Turn on the waffle iron and smear butter if it’s already hot.
7. Spread the waffle batter into the waffle iron.
8. Cook for two to three minutes, then let it cool for a while.
9. Coat the waffle with hazelnut spread. It’s up to you on how much you’ll put.
10. It’s time to layer! Drizzle your waffle with syrup if you desire.
11. Your Hazelnut Waffle is now done and ready to be eaten.