“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.”
– Ephesians 5:15-17 NIV
Be careful how you live because…
- Our time on this earth is limited.
“Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is.” – Psalms 39:4 NIV
“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” – Psalms 90:12 NIV
The days are evil…
- Make the most of every opportunity.-Opportunity to serve
-Opportunity to give
-Do not be overloaded
-Do not waste time
Do not be foolish but…
- Understand what the Lord will is. You must set your priorities. Put God first and have a quality time for the family.
- Commit yourself to forget your failures.
“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press ontoward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 3:13-14 NIV
- Commit yourself to give up your grudges.
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” – Colossians 3:13 NIV
- Commit yourself to restore your relationships.
“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” – Romans 12:18 NIV
- Commit yourself to turn back on your transgressions. Forgive yourself.
“By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” – Romans 6:2 NIV
To start the year…
- As you look at the future, set goals. The key is to have a target.
- As you look toward the future, make fewer promises. Learn to say no and yes at the right times.
- As you move toward the future, practice more. Be doers of the Word.
©Pastor Eloi Tresvalles. All rights reserved.