If there is a list of songs that we shouldn’t hear when we are heartbroken, which is stated at my blog, Songs You Shouldn’t Hear, there should also be a list for the songs that we should hear, right? It will be unfair if not! But we don’t have to worry because, yes, there is. And again, this not from me. It’s from the expert, Alex Gonzaga, on her book, Dear Alex, Break na kami. Paano?! Love, Catherine. In her book, she gave some dos and don’ts during this stage like “Do say goodbye to memories,” and “Do cry all you want.” She also included “Do listen to motivational and inspirational songs.” and “Do sing your heart out.” That means, we should have a, what we call, strongstagram Playlist like Alex. Here are the songs inside Alex’s strongstagram playlist.
1. Since You’ve Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
2. Better in Time by Leona Lewis
3. We are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
4. Irreplaceable by Beyonce
5. Shake It Off by Mariah Carey
6. Over It by Katharine McPhee
7. Leave by Jojo
8. I Never Really Loved You Anyway by The Corrs
9. Karma by Alicia Keys
10. Too Little, Too Late by Jojo
11. I’m Not Missing You by Stacie Orrico
12. Roll the Credits by Paula Deanda
13. Really Don’t Care by Demi Lovato
14. It’s Alright, It’s Okay by Ashley Tisdale
15. Smile by Lily Allen
16. So What by Pink
17. Middle of Nowhere by Selena Gomez
18. I Learned from the Best by Whitney Houston
19. Shut Up and Let Me Go by The Ting Tings
20. I Belong to Me by Jessica Simpson
Na-prove ko na nakakatulong talaga ang music sa pagme-mend ng broken heart. It can put you in a good mood. It can motivate and inspire you. Damahin mo ‘yung mga lyrics ng mga ito, and imagine you’re singing them to your ex. Whenever you feel like singing, sing at the top of your lungs. Nakaka-release ito ng endorphins at rage. Mag-iPod ka at kumanta ka lang at i-feel mo na parang wala kang paki sa iba!
© Dear Alex, Break na Kami. Paano?