Valentine’s Day is a day of love and romance from couples. Speaking of couples, I always admire those married couples who last forever, if there is forever. As we celebrate Valentine’s Day, I would like to share ten marriage commandments said by a couple who reached 50th anniversary. This is also applicable to boyfriends and girlfriends out there. As long as you’re loving someone special, these commandments should stick into your mind.
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you must criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes to the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once every day, say a kind of complementary word for your partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. Remember, it takes two to make a quarrel.