Threads, such as embroidery floss, can do amazing and creative things, not just embroideries and stitches, but also home decorations, chain accessories, wrapped headphones, dream catcher, wrapped sandal straps, wrapped hanger, map artwork, wrapped jars and vases, bookmarks and a lot more! But we’re not just talking about these things. We’ll be transforming a simple thread into a meaningful thread. With the knots that a thread can make, we can claim each of the knots as a sign of friendship. Plus, we can wear them anytime because we’re going to make a knotted thread bracelet, or what we call, spiral thread bracelet.
1. Prepare all the materials needed. This includes embroidery floss, scissors and safety pin.
2. Get four or more colors of threads and cut them measuring one meter each.
3. Merge the four threads and let them meet their ends.
4. On the other end where the threads were folded, create a loop.
5. Fasten the threads on a locked fabric using the safety pin on the threads’ loop. Mine was pinned to the sheet of my bed.
6. Separate one color of thread to the others. This will be your first color.
7. Tie the first color around the other colors of thread.
8. Tighten the knot and pull it upward.
9. Do ten knots with the first color.
10. Choose your second color and do another ten knots.
11. Pick the third color and tie it ten times.
12. Do the same thing on the last color of thread.
13. Continue working on your bracelet until you reached the length of the bracelet you wanted.
14. If you think that the length of the bracelet is enough, lock your work by creating a big knot using all of the threads.
15. Remove the safety pin and insert the excess thread on the loop.
16. Make a knot on the loop to let the excess threads slide in and out.
17. While the excess threads are adjustable, wear it on your hand, not on your wrist, and mark its measure on the excess threads.
18. Create tie on the mark. This will serve as the lock of the bracelet.
19. Cut the excess threads.
20. Your spiral thread bracelet is now done and ready to be used.