Even though it is not an authentic Filipino food, burger steak became an icon in the Philippines for being part of Jollibee’s menu, and eventually, for being people’s favorite. And that includes me! Whenever we spend our lunch in Jollibee, my friends already know that my order would be the burger steak. In fact, I am the reason why Dine at Log added Double Decker with Egg in their menu. I also make my own burger steak whenever I have the time. But I assure you that mine is better. Why? The clue is Angus. Here’s my recipe.
1. Prepare all the ingredients needed. This includes Angus beef patty, canned mushroom slices, flour, oil, water, beef bouillon cube, chopped onion, salt and pepper.
2. Fry the patties. We just bought our Angus beef patty frozen from the market. But if you wish to make your own, there’s no problem with that.
3. Place the patties on a plate with tissue paper to drain oil.
4. For the sauce, saute mushroom with sliced onion on the same pan.
5. Add three tablespoons of flour and whisk until it’s light brown.
6. Put in two cups of water and stir continuously.
7. Add the bouillon cube and mix them properly. By the way, I’m sorry about the blurry photo.
8. Sprinkle with salt and pepper based on your taste preference. Let it simmer.
9. Pour the sauce over the Angus beef patty. Oops! I forgot to remove the tissue paper!
10. Your Angus Beef Burger Steak is now done and ready to serve.