Potato fries was my life! I could sacrifice my everyday allowance just to buy them. But that was then, before I got conscious to my health. I already left the club of potato fries lovers, and I suggest that you should also end your relationship with potato fries. Oops! Before you start arguing with me about how you simply will never leave them, have you ever knew that potato fries is not safe anymore, or rather, has never been safe for our body. Researchers said that regular consumption of potato fries can lead to cancer.
If that reason is still not enough for you to unlove potato fries, I think, it’s time for you to meet its healthy alternative. Why don’t you try baked sweet potato fries? How about baked squash fries? Squash? Yes, you heard it right. I mean, you read it right. And I assure you that you’ll not just love how healthy it is, but also, its taste, which is almost the same as the potato fries, except for the little squash flavor. So let’s get to know squash fries fully by learning how to cook it.
1. Prepare your squash and cooking materials.
2. Preheat the oven for 425 degrees.
3. Scoop out the seeds of the squash.
4. Wash and peel it.
5. Cut the squash into strips. It’s up to you whether you want thin or quite thick strips.
6. Add vegetable oil and mix the strips.
7. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and mix the fries.
8. Place the strips in a tray.
9. Bake those in oven for 20 minutes.
10. After 20 minutes, flip the strips.
11. Bake it again for 20 minutes.
12. Your Squash Fries is now done and ready to be eaten.